Knightsbridge Schools International is seeking UK school leavers, university students and graduates over the age of 18 for the Global Ambassador Programme (GAP). Students will spend 3-10 months at one of KSI’s international schools in Colombia or Montenegro.
Knightsbridge Schools International is seeking UK school leavers, university students and graduates over the age of 18 for the Global Ambassador Programme (GAP). Please see position details below for the two GAP Programmes on offer.
- Volunteer GAP Placement (3 months) - Bogotá, Colombia
- Kinder/Preschool Teaching Assistant GAP Placement (10 months) - Montenegro
Volunteer GAP Placement (3 months) - Bogotá, Colombia
Start Date: September 2020
What can you expect?
- Living with a local family in a private room
- Learning another language and being immersed in the local culture
- Working at an international private IB school
- Taking part in activities including: mentoring students, supporting with English lessons, extracurricular activities and participating in school events
- Making a positive difference in the school community and implementing new projects
- Helping to plan daily and long-range lessons and classroom activities
- Assisting classroom teachers in performing specific duties or undertaking specialised tasks
When does the programme start?
The Volunteer Global Ambassador Programme in Bogotá runs throughout the year and intakes are typically in January and September. Dates are flexible so we try our best to accommodate students needs.
Who is eligible to apply?
We welcome school leavers, university students and graduates to apply. Applicants must be fluent in English and have an interest in working with children.
What do former students say?
“The family that I stayed with looked after me extremely well. They treated me like another daughter and took me on trips to visit their family, as well as other places. It was helpful that they have a daughter who I became very good friends with. All the members of staff, administration and teaching, were extremely welcoming. I have had such an incredible GAPS experience and hope I have been a helpful contribution to the school community.” – Lily Squires, KSI Bogotá GAPS
To apply for the Global Ambassador Programmme please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Kinder/Preschool Teaching Assistant GAP Placement (10 months) - Montenegro
Start Date: August 2020
KSI is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Gap Year student to become an integral part of our school community. You will live and breathe KSI and demonstrate the confidence to take on new roles and challenges in a small but growing school. The role of the Gap Year student is to assist in teaching Kindergarten, and support the running of the boarding house with the Head of Boarding.
What can you expect?
You will be required to assist in classroom instruction and act as a teaching intern for a portion of your weekly schedule.
- Assist classroom teachers in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialised tasks
- Help plan daily and long-range lessons and classroom activities
- Conduct learning exercises with small groups of students
- Alert colleagues to special needs of individual students e.g. reading
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, and facilities
- Help maintain order in the classroom; monitor students
Full board (whilst boarders are on site) and accommodation will be provided in the role and you will be expected to assistant the Head of Boarding (on a rota basis) which will typically include 2 evenings per week and weekends on occasion.
- Good education level; NVQ3 or above in Childcare is preferred or degree educated with a demonstrable interest in working with children
- Experience working with children
- First aid experience
To apply for the KSI Montenegro Kinder/Preschool Teaching Assistant position please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org