- About KSI
- International Schools
- Learning and Psychology Centres
- KSI KidS
KSI Global Ambassador Programme (GAP)
Knightsbridge Schools International is seeking UK school leavers, university students and graduates over the age of 18 for the Global Ambassador Programme (GAP). Students will spend 3-10 months at one of KSI’s international schools in Colombia, Panama or Montenegro. Students can elect to apply for one of two programme options listed below.
1. Paid Teaching Assistant (10 months) - Montenegro
KSI Montenegro is seeking an enthusiastic and committed school leaver to become an integral part of our school community and gain experience working as a teaching assistant from mid-August. This role involves fulfilling teaching assistant duties for the Kindergarten and Early Primary Years, supporting the Head of Boarding with the running of the boarding house, assisting with running after school clubs and events, and providing administrative support to the school.
What can you expect?
You will be required to assist in classroom instruction and act as a teaching intern for a portion of your weekly schedule.
- Living in boarding house accommodation with return flights and meals provided.
- Assist classroom teachers in performing specific duties as assigned or undertaking specialised tasks.
- Help plan daily and long-range lessons and classroom activities.
- Conduct learning exercises with small groups of students.
- Alert colleagues to special needs of individual students e.g. reading.
- Provide escort and assistance to children as necessary.
- Collect and display suitable material for educational displays: prepare displays and decorate classroom.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials and facilities.
- Help maintain order in the classroom; monitor students.
- Assisting the Head of Boarding on a rota basis. This may include some evenings and weekends.
2. Volunteer Global Ambassador Programme (3 months) - Colombia or Panama
What can you expect?
- Living with a local family in a private room
- Learning another language and being immersed in the local culture
- Working at an international private IB school
- Taking part in activities including: mentoring students, supporting with English lessons, extracurricular activities and participating in school events
- Making a positive difference in the school community and introducing new projects
- Helping to plan daily and long-range lessons and classroom activities
- Assisting classroom teachers in performing specific duties or undertaking specialised tasks
When does the programme start?
The Teaching Assistant role commences in mid-August.
The Volunteer Global Ambassador Programme in Bogota and Panama runs throughout the year and intakes are typically in January and September. Dates are flexible so we try our best to accommodate students needs.
Who is eligible to apply?
We welcome school leavers, university students and graduates to apply. Applicants must be fluent in English and have an interest in working with children.
What do former students say?
“This experience was one I’ll never forget. My Spanish has greatly improved and I loved volunteering at the school. I gained so much from this programme and would recommend this to others.”
“The family that I stayed with looked after me extremely well. They treated me like another daughter and took me on trips to visit their family, as well as other places. It was helpful that they have a daughter who I became very good friends with. All the members of staff, administration and teaching, were extremely welcoming. I have had such an incredible GAPS experience and hope I have been a helpful contribution to the school community.”
“My home-stay family were very welcoming. They made me feel at home and took care of all my needs. I have interacted with people from another culture, learnt how to handle potentially challenging situations and improved my language skills! Take advantage of the opportunity!”
Watch our Testimonial Video!
To apply for KSI GAPS, email us with a copy of your CV and cover letter detailing your availability, the programme you are interested in, your relevant skills and location you are interested in applying to.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)203 176 5200.